With the cooler weather coming, this means I can spend even more time in the kitchen making new recipes! I enjoy coming up with creative and different meals… however my kids aren’t always as thrilled when I get carried away with new recipes. For some reason veggies are just the worst thing in the world!
Anyway, this recipe was super simple to make. Potato and peas are like the top two veggies my kids love so that was a no brainer to use them. I think that you could also substitute the peas for green beans and it would be just as good.
My son Reese is currently having to drink lactose free milk for the next few weeks until his belly is back to normal after the stomach flu hit our house about a month ago. So I used lactaid milk, feel free to use whatever type of milk you typically buy. I was worried that it wouldn’t turn out quite as good using the lactaid instead of regular milk. But it was delicious and little reese could eat it to!
In this recipe I used a seasonings mix from Fredericksburg Farm, click the link below to order the mix!
Ham, Peas and Potato Casserole
2.5 Lbs pre-cooked ham cut in chucks
4-5 large potatoes, sliced (I left the skin on but you could also peel them)
1 can of peas, drained
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp Garlic minced
1 tbsp Victory Garden seasonings (Fredericksburg Farms Seasonings)
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup bread crumbs
- In a large casserole dish, place potatoes on the bottom, add the peas and ham on top.
- Saute the onion and garlic with a small amount of butter
- Add broth, milk and seasonings to the onion mixture, bring to a boil
- Pour liquid into casserole dish
- Bake in the oven for 45 mins at 350 degrees. Cover dish with foil
- Top with bread crumbs and cook for additional 10-15 mins uncovered until bread crumbs are toasted