It is officially apple season! It wouldn’t be fall without breaking out a few apple recipes. So far I have made 3 different apple recipes and I’m ready to share them with you! This first one is apple crisp!
This is the first time that I tried to make apple crisp on my own. It turned out so good, even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to go with it! The most time consuming part of any apple recipe is definitely peeling and coring the apples.
Please share your apple crisp recipes, I would love to give them a try!
6 large apples (or 12 small apples)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1 cup flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel, core and slice apples. Place in a baking dish.
- Mix together 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the sliced apples and toss to combine.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix until crumbly. Top the sliced apples evenly with the crumbly oatmeal mixture
- Bake for 45 mins and serve warm!